Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ceiling Deelies

 
This morning we woke up to a winter wonderland.  There was about 4-5 inches of snow in the area and they made an inclement weather call at work!  This has been number two this season and you won't hear me complaining.

After 4-5 inches of snow

I contacted Dean today to get a rate quote for the day.  The rate points are getting progressively worse.   Even though I can get the low rate, I'd like to maximize my credits for closing so that we can offset some of the closing costs and buy some furniture!

Ceiling recessed lights with texture.

With a bonus day off, it did make me wonder if inclement weather affects construction.   When we went to the homesite, the drywall crew did not skip a beat and we moseyed our way to take a look.   They were still working at 5pm and it looked like they were sanding the mud that they had put on the other day.  Those guys were coming downstairs covered from head to toe in white dust.  I hope they wore a mask to keep from breathing the dust.   Looking up, they also had the ceiling textured.  Amy asked if we could've had it smooth instead of textured.   It was one of those things that I did not think about during the planning stages...oh well.

With the snow melting and rising temperatures in the next few days, the homesite is going to be a messy place.   

No comments:

Post a Comment